Mako Offshore was incorporated in 2019 as a long-held ambition of Mike and Ewen to deliver commercially and/or technically differentiated versions of the services that they had become familiar with over their careers. The experience mix between them spans onshore, offshore (subsea and topside), inspection and engineered solutions amongst others. Common to both is the ability to apply technology to create client value through reducing overall cost, improving scheduling and delivering quality.
Mike has been involved in the Oil and Gas sector for over 10 years working in technical and sales roles. He started as a Sales Engineer for Lokring Northern covering the Central Scotland and North East region. He briefly worked with sonars before finding himself a Subsea Asset Integrity Sales Engineer role within Oceaneering. Initially covering only Aberdeen within a year Subsea Inspection Sales in APAC fell under his responsibility. Shortly thereafter he moved to Houston in a Senior Sales Engineer capacity before taking up the Global Technical Solutions Lead role for Subsea Inspection. After 5 years he set up Mako and moved into Subsea inspection Consultancy. He has a Masters of Engineering (MEng) focussed on Forensic Engineering and Materials and Manufacturing Technology.
Is a time served Specialist Inspection Engineer starting in Advanced NDT within the oil and gas sector in 2012. He has acquired a wide range of experience within industry through executing projects across 4 continents – offshore (topside including Rope Access and subsea) and onshore. During these years he has had the opportunity to help develop new services and inspection technologies for service companies including; helping establish rope access with (Sonomatic Ltd), the world’s first deep water phased array system (Oceaneering), growing and managing a specialist inspection department (Trac O&G). These learning experiences and relationships developed over the years have stood and continue to stand him in good stead for the future with Mako Offshore.
Lewis started his career with Expro Group earning an Apprenticeship in Subsea Design and has subsequently worked for STATS Group, a global leader in Pipeline integrity and maintenance solutions. After working in the UK for STATS Group in a number of Engineering roles, Lewis relocated to Abu Dhabi with STATS Group in 2016 where he originally worked on Middle East Projects before moving into the role of Business Development Manager for the Middle East in 2018.
Lewis Joined MAKO Offshore as Regional Manager for the Middle East, supporting the development of MAKO Lewis Joined MAKO Offshore as Regional Manager for the Middle East, supporting the development of MAKO Offshore’s Global Footprint.
June Othman joins MAKO Offshore – Asia in June 2020. Prior to this, she was Service Line Manager for OCEANEERING based in Singapore, covering the Asia market.
June has over 10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry, predominantly in Subsea in the Asia Pacific region. She has consistently held similar positions during her career, excelling in the Business Development and Sales area. She has developed tight relationships within the Oil and Gas industry, especially in Asia Pacific.
June brings a valuable mix of business network and commercial knowledge to MAKO Offshore.
To develop and deliver value creating technologies and techniques to the energy sector.
These values are the backbone of our company culture and how we aspire to do business every day.
- Integrity – with clients and with ourselves, we believe that nothing is more important than our reputation and behaving with the highest levels of integrity is fundamental to who we are.
- Transparency – we pride ourselves on providing complete visibility into the successes, and sometimes failures, of our business as we grow and scale. It is an integral part of our culture as we collaborate and work towards a common goal across functions.
- Agility – Mako Offshore continuously changing, evolving in our approach to solving your challenges – in our technical and commercial approach We innovate and push for boundless creativity moving with speed and flexibility.
- Safety – safely is the cornerstone of our daily activities and decisions. We always put safety first, and we measure our success by how safely we achieve our goals.
- Quality – in everything we do Delivering on our promises We strive to be the best in all that we do and to perform at world-class levels. Excellence is both a goal and the way to achieve that goal. Striving for excellence means continually working to improve ourselves and our business operations.